Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy October!

I love the colors of fall....yellow, red, orange. I think of pumpkins, mums, and candy. So that's exactly how I wanted to decorate my front porch. I have never been able to grow a plant, so planting mums is definately something new for me! Two weeks ago I purchased the pots and mums on the side of the road at a produce stand. The pots were ugly grey concrete, so two Saturdays ago, I painted and stained them to look antique. The mums have really taken bloom, I hope they last! Finally, to complete the look I did a candycorn wreath. My inspiration came from the front cover of Woman's Day.
Here's how I did it:
16'' foam wreath wrapped in black duct tape
hot glue lots and lots of candy corn in opposing directions
hang with a satin ribbon


P.S. I did learn however, that moisture in the air makes the candycorn melt! Take it in if it's raining!

3 comments:

  1. Erin,
    I love the Norrell nest! You have so much talent, and you and Adam make a gorgeous couple!!! Love Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. how long did the wreath take you? if you have that much time on your hands, come on over and help me!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The front porch looks GREAT Erin!!! What a GREAT Job! Me and Charlie cant wait to walk by on the sidewalk and see it!!! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete